Sunday 25 May 2014

Spin Dessert Cafe & Bistro

Last night a group of guides went to Spin in the Byward Market for dessert. Many of my friends had recommended this cafe and I had read some great reviews online so I was excited to try it out! When we got there we spent a good 20 minutes reading the menu because there were way too many delicious choices and no one could decide what they wanted to order. 

Essentially, they have all these different combinations of homemade ice cream and sweets and you choose if you want yours served on a waffle, in a crepe, in a waffle cone cup, or as a sundae. I finally decided to get something called "Sugar Sugar" on a waffle. This was Cake Batter Cookie Dough Ice Cream topped with brownie and cookie dough pieces- I know, it sounds crazy! My friends all got different things: Red Velvet Cheesecake, Molten Chocolate Chip Cookie, One Sweet Day on a waffle, and Black or White in a crepe, etc. I had never seen that much dessert on one table before! 


We spent the evening talking about our favourite guiding experiences so far and telling each other all the funny things that have happened to us on our tours already. It was a really fun night and I am really glad we tried this place, although I think everyone agrees that we had enough sugar for the entire summer!

http://www.spindessert.com/

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so yummy Tazmin, it sounds like you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete