Wednesday 14 May 2014

Mini Trip to Montreal

After two weeks of training I had three days off! On my first day off my dad came to visit me after his business trip to Montreal. We had a great day exploring the city together. We went to Parliament Hill, the Supreme Court of Canada, the National Gallery, and the Delegation of Ismaili Imamat to listen to journalist Mellissa Fung speak about her experiences in Afghanistan. She offered a refreshing take on the entire topic and shared that her goal as a journalist is to focus on all the progress that has been made in Afghanistan.

The next morning I left for Montreal because a few of my friends from Vancouver study at McGill and are staying there for the summer. I stayed with my friend Lindsey and we had a great time! She showed me around the city and we spent time catching up; it was really nice to see a friend from home. Yesterday we explored McGill and then met up with my other friend, Soraiya, for dinner at a great Italian restaurant called l'Academie. After dinner we went to this adorable dessert place called Juliette et Chocolat. I wish we had something like this in Vancouver. It had such a great ambience and was packed on a Tuesday night! Today we explored Saint-Catherine Street and Old Montreal. It was a great mini-trip before I start my first day of work tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment